The branch of the National Park Service for the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River is a hub of information for people looking for recreational opportunities in our region. Check out their great Take a Hike Brochure featuring trails in the Upper Delaware Region, including some trails in Sullivan County. Complete all the trails in the guide and turn it in to the Park Service in order to receive a free Upper Delaware Hikes patch. Visit their website at http://www.nps.gov/upde/planyourvisit/take-a-hike.htm to learn more about the “Take A Hike” project. Please note, only 3 of the “Take A Hike” trails are located in Sullivan County. However, to cover the entire program we have listed all of the NPS “Take A Hike” trails on this website. The trails include:
- Minisink Battleground Park (Sullivan County Park, located in Barryville, NY)
- Tusten Mtn Trail (located in Tusten, Sullivan County, NY)
- Jensen’s Ledges (located in Long Eddy, Sullivan County, NY-but crosses over into Delaware County, NY)
- Damascas Forest Trail (located across the river in PA)
- Cobey Pond Trail (located across the river in PA)
- Mongaup River Trail (located just over the Sullivan County border in the Town of Deerpark, Orange County, NY)
Thanks to the National Park Service for partnering with us in the Sullivan Trailkeeper initiative!